Project Implementation Status Update of Smart Cities Projects in India
Since 2015, 90 cities were selected in 3 Rounds of National Smart Cities’ Challenge. 75 cities have established SPVs to support the implementation of the Mission. 59 of cities have already hired Consultants who will support in DPR and RFP preparation. Project Implementation Status Update of #SmartCities Projects in India:
1. Projects worth ₹30,000 crore are at various stages of implementation under the #SmartCities Mission.
- SPV’s Incorporated -75
- PMC’s appointed – 54
- Projects identified in SCPs worth Rs 1.9 Lakh Crores
2. Smartcities Progress:
- Work started in 25 Cities
- Under Tendering in 15 Cities
- Advanced Stage of DPR Preparation / Planning in 15 Cities
4. There are number of projects which have progressed in different smart cities.
- 146 Projects worth Rs 1872 Crore have been completed.
- 392 Projects worth Rs 14,600 started.
- 235 Projects worth Rs 13,600 tendered.
3. City Surveillance, City-Wide Wifi, E-governance, Intelligent Traffic Management are some of the features of the #SmartCities Mission.
4. Smart Roads, Smart City Centers, Smart Rooftops, Smart Water are projects undertaken under the #SmartCities Mission.